IUD (coil) and Hormonal IUS (implant) removal:
Who is it for?
Every woman with a coil or implant needs it to be removed every 5-10 years depending on the type of coil or implant fitted.
Every 5 or 10 years depending on the type.
What does it involve?
Having a coil or implant removed involves:
- 20minute consultation with our specialist clinician
- Full history taking and pelvic examination
- Blood pressure assessment
- Contraception review
- Coil/Implant removal
- Detailed written report emailed or posted to you and your GP
- Prescription arrangement
- Direct access for any urgent health concerns
Our IUD/IUS removal package does not include the fitting of another coil or implant, if you need a coil fitting please look at our fittings page instead.