Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to Private Doctor Clinic via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Private Doctor Clinic, or us
Private Doctor Clinic, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 09473162 whose registered office is at Kings Road Medical Centre, 529 Kings Road, London, SW10 0UD;
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Private Doctor Clinic and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Private Doctor Clinic and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, www.privatedoctorclinic.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Basic details such as name, address, contact details and next of kin
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- Details of contact we have had with you such as referrals and quotes
- Details of services you have received
- Patient experience feedback and treatment outcome information you provide
- Information about complaints and incidents
- Notes and reports about your health and any treatment and care you have received or need, including about clinic and hospital visits and medicines administered
- Information from customer surveys, competitions and marketing activities
- Recordings of calls we receive or make
When we collect your information
Information about you is collected when:
- you apply for a quote or policy
- you enter into a contract with Private Doctor Clinic for the provision of services, and when you use those services
- you submit a query to us, for example by email, telephone or social media, including where you reference the Private Doctor Clinic in a public social media post
- you participate in any marketing activity
We may also collect personal information about you from other people when:
- You are named in an application form or as a dependant under an individual or corporate scheme
- We process an application or claim (where we may carry out credit or fraud checks), or when we obtain medical reports
- We liaise with your family, employer, health professional or other treatment or benefit provider.
- You use a third party application to provide information to one of our mobile applications or websites.
We may only share information in this way where you have provided your consent or in circumstances where you are incapable of giving consent, or we are unable or it is not reasonable to seek your permission, or we are required to by law or in accordance with guidance from professional bodies
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Private Doctor Clinic is the "data controller".
- We will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary and in accordance with UK law.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
Third party websites and services
Private Doctor Clinic may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
We do not share your personal information with anyone outside of Private Doctor Clinic to use for their own purposes, except:
- when we have your permission
- when we are permitted or obliged to do so by law. For example, we are required to provide information to organisations such as the National Registries (e.g. The Cancer Registry) and to notify the government of certain infectious diseases such as TB and meningitis (but not HIV/Aids)
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Private Doctor Clinic, our customers, or others.
- if there are other exceptional circumstances, and we are unable or it is not appropriate to seek your permission.
- You may receive Private Doctor Clinic private medical services where another member of your family is the main member of the scheme or services. In that case we send all membership documents and confirmation of how we have dealt with any claim you make to the main member.
You may also receive Private Doctor Clinic services where your employer, or the employer of another member of your family, is the policy holder or pays for the scheme or services. In that case, we may share your information, only for the administration of the scheme or services, with the employer, the employer's insurance broker, or the trustees of your scheme. This will be explained in your policy documents. We won’t share the details of your health condition, illness, injury or treatment with the employer without your permission.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Confidential and Medical information
The confidentiality of your personal information is of paramount concern to Private Doctor Clinic and we comply with UK data protection law and all the applicable medical confidentiality guidelines issued by professional bodies such as the General Medical Council and the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Your confidential medical information will only be disclosed to those involved with your treatment or care, or in accordance with UK law and guidelines from professional bodies, or for the purposes of clinical audit (unless you object). If you receive services from Private Doctor Clinic and that service transfers to a new provider, we may share your personal and confidential medical information with the new provider.
How long will we keep the data for?
We use your personal information to provide you with our services, and to improve and extend our services. This may include:
- responding to your queries, including providing quotes
- supporting your medical treatment or care and other benefits
- internal record keeping and administration
- responding to requests where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so
- checking the accuracy of information about you, and the quality of your treatment or care, including auditing medical and billing information for insurance claims.
- supporting your doctor, nurse, carer or other healthcare professional
- assessing the type and quality of care you have received and any concerns or complaints you raise, so that these can be properly investigated
- using your contact information to send you service related information
- using your contact information to send promotional material about new products, special offers or other information we think you may find interesting (see ‘Keeping you informed’ below for more information)
- using your contact information to give you an opportunity to complete a customer satisfaction survey
- using your contact information to conduct and analyse market research
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Private Doctor Clinic (where such Data is held), we may charge a small amount for this.
- Data security is of great importance to Private Doctor Clinic and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Private Doctor Clinic to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
- Type of Cookie:
- Strictly necessary cookies - These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies - They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies - These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
You may contact Private Doctor Clinic by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
30 November 2016